Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

SHOE NEWS: DSW launches 'Miss America' line



DSW and The Miss America Organization have entered into a new long-term partnership. Under the agreement, DSW will be the lead sponsor for the broadcast of the 2011 Miss America Pageant on ABC in January. DSW is the official provider of shoes for the Miss America pageant and a national sponsor for The Miss America Organization. The two companies have been working together to develop a unique brand of footwear, which will be a first for The Miss America Organization and it made its debut today.

Let me just first say, this line does not seem very unique to me. It's rather.. how do you sayyy? Mediocre. Mundane. It's not that special. The collection seems rather simple for a brand/pageant that is all about glitz and glam. Don't get me wrong, they have some cute pieces here and there but its just not what you would expect from the Miss America brand. In reviewing the collection, I have noticed that they only have 2 price points: $49.95 & $59.95. This says to me that they have designed the footwear into price points instead of designing a unique brand of footwear, as they endeavored. Nevertheless, I'll let you be the judge. Check out a few pics below and let me know what you think...
EDEN - $59.95

GRETCHEN - $59.95

ILENE - $49.95


LAUREL - $49.95



No comments:

Post a Comment