Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD FASHION: THE GOOD, THE BAD & JUST PLAIN OLE UGLY!!

Last night, the People's Choice Awards took place here in L.A., downtown at Nokia Theatre in L.A. Live. I was able to attend the award show and while the show, itself, was rather boring to watch, I did enjoy taking notes of my fashion faves and the fashion fails.

I've highlighted my top HITS and biggest MISSES! Selena Gomez was a HIT all night. I loved her blue carpet arrival and her performance gown. She sparkled in a pink ruffled Paule Ka dress during her arrival, which was very much in consonance with the look of her esteemed peers. The theme of the night was DEFINITELY cocktail dresses. Everyone was wearing them! There were a number of up-do's and side sweep hair-do's too! It really surprised me because that's usually more of an Oscars or Emmy look.

Nevertheless, Christian Louboutin was MOST represented on the blue carpet and Jimmy Choo was in close second. Kim Kardashion rocked a foil, brocade dress and I actually saw Mary J. Blige rock a longer version of this a few months ago. Ashley Tisdale looked cute in her Greecian flowing gown. It had beautiful color, simple silhouette and was very age appropriate for her. My honorable mention is Queen Latifah! She looked great ALL night! From the black tuxedo suiting.. to the hot pink, asymmetrical gown.. right down to the aqua ombre, jeweled neckline gown.. she was a true HIT!

The MISSES were far too numerous but in the interest of time, the top 3 are pictured. Annalyne McCord is too young for this look! What happened?!? The dress is not fitting her properly, the draped cowl is no bueno, and if you have to wear a nude shoe, this is not the one you choose! Annalynne, you're too fab for this! You're being given a fashion violation. You have until the next award show to pull it together. Pauley, I don't really know who you are and at this moment, I know you for the wrong reason! One word: Why???? Katy Perry requires little to no commentary because this is her usual fashion mishap. However, that doesn't make her immune to being on the worst dressed list! My honorable mention is Raven Symone. Rae, I love you but next time you have to leave big bird at home!

1 comment: